First Parish Haunted House will be back in 2018. This Haunted House fills the three floors of the 200 year old historic First Parish Unitarian Universalist church on the town common, 75 The Great road Bedford MA. Its coming BACK for you...
Saturday, November 26, 2016
Here are all the events of the 2017 time traveling themed Haunted House.
Bedford Alchemist Society - The Time Warp
First Night of the First Parish Haunted House was a great success!
Here are a few pictures from the event.
We are open today 11AM to 2PM for a rated G walk through then back 6PM to 930 for our family friendly PG-13 event.
During the installation of Insulation workmen spotted at first what they thought to be an animal behind the walls of the 199 year old structure. Once a good description of the creature was confirmed. The Bedford Alchemist Society sent for famed Xeon biologist Boris Quellar to try capture the very unusual creature. Its strange three segmented lensed eye appears to be illuminated from inside by some form of Bioluminesces. Stay tuned for further reports.
Visitation From Mars?
During the October 27th in 1901 a bright light streaked over the skies of Bedford. Eye witnesses report a tall machine moving across the town over the course of four following nights. This photo is the only evidence that we had been visited by beings from another world.
Although there are stories of a strange three legged creature being spotted in the windows of the belfry of First Parish Church on the Bedford common and another report of a sighting in the trees near the train depot. No evidence remains of the machine or of the creature. Witnesses describe the creature as having one glowing eye. The glowing bioluminescent eye segmented into three parts. There was also mention of three fingered hands with suction cups at there tips but all records from the witnesses where lost in the 1956 hurricane.
Latest addition to the Enchanted Objects Collection of the Bedford Alchemy Society. The Hound Helm of Westeros. This Armored Helmet has a fused skull in it. Little is know of its owner but it is said at night you can hear Helm laugh uncontrollably. Hence the Westeros Antiquities Department has placed this artifact on permeant loan to the Bedford Alchemy Society.
The enchanted Armor of Sir Itchington of Kent was discovered this morning in the basement of a local Bedford resident. It would appear the rear door to the basement was pried open from the outside. The Armor was discovered next to a pile of tools that were collected from the workshop.
The Armor has been placed in Spectral Keep in the Basement of the Bedford Alchemist Society. "It is questionable if it will be allowed to be put on display during this falls open house. " Grand
Chancellor Philippa Thorpe of the Alchemist Society stated in an interview this morning. "We have enough on our plates trying to Exorcise the spectral guest of the Bedford Dungan in time for this years open house." She went on to say. " The Armor of Sir Itchington of Kent may be extradited back to the Ministry of Great Briton. We offered to hold the enchanted armor for a short time and that has now been more then a hundred years. Its may be time for Sir Itchington go back to Kent and let the local Wizengamot deal with it." Grand Chancellor Philippa Thorpe finished by saying. "We look forward to our Open House, October 28th and 29th of the Bedford Alchemy Society and we are certain that none of the events that had happened last year to the Visitor will be repeated."
From the Archives of the Alternate History Department.
The year 1964, due to the ongoing tensions between US and USSR from the Cuban Missal Crisis the previous year. President Kennedy order that Hanscom Air Force Base deployed Six Nike ICBM interceptors on the Bedford Common, three of them can be seen here. They remained on the Common till 1987 when President Gary Hart signed the order for there removal. This occurred just four months before the conclusion of his impeachment trial.
From the Achieves of the Bedford Alchemist Society:
One Hundred years ago today the Bedford Alchemist Society procured its first Flying Carpet.
"January 24th 1916, Alchemist First Class Oswald Brooksby, watches as a member of the historic Order of Ottoman Magi put the flying carpet through its paces. It is expected that this is the first transfer of magical objects from Constantinople. With great excitement we hope it will be one of many."
Sadly the pact between The Bedford Alchemy Society and the Order of Ottoman Magi was broken in 1923 with dissolving of the Ottoman Empire.